Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Solo Transcription - Philly Joe Jones, "Locomotion"

I'm realizing why I don't have a TV in London.  Because there's nothing on!  After the Pens lambasted the Stars I took a quick whirl through the channels to realize that there's not much on here in the States either.  And that not much is interrupted by commercial after terrible commercial.  But I like to think of it as a good thing, because then I just do more transcriptions.

Here you have Philly Joe's intro to "Locomotion" on John Coltrane's, Blue Trane.  I was planning on doing the entire solo when I realized that it's already been done a million or so times.  So for now, I'll leave you with this.  But I picked up a bunch of good Philly Joe stuff the other day, so I should have some really cool solos for you soon.


                

1 comment:

  1. The Best....I hear so much Philly Joe in Ralph's playing.

    ReplyDelete